Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do anything for the 2 days off?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭

Anyone do anything during the open days? I headed to Galway for my mates 19th Monday night, it was alright but the night ended with a big anti-climax (long story, not getting into :(). Spent most of Tuesday on a bus or wandering around and most of Wednesday on the couch eating doritos.

Between losing my wallet Monday and doing **** all Wednesday it didn't go entirely as planned but I still had an alright time. Anyone want to share their wild party stories? Or were ye all locked in ye're rooms studying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tuesday: Ultimate Frisbee training

Wednesday: did sweet fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Monday: Buckfast Supernova in the home of Buckfast, Galway. Swiftly followed by disco dancing in the Gyppo.

Tuesday: Suffered like a bastard the whole way home to Limerick but this was soon tempered by bottles of wife beater and an excursion to Angel Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

cson wrote: »
    Swiftly followed by disco dancing in the Gyppo.
    I was there Monday too. What a sh1t-hole. You didn't get the 14:15 back to Limerick by any chance did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah the benefits of having almost all your friends driving, no Citylink/Bus Eireann for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Cork, house parties, passing out and getting back exactly on time for my 1st lecture this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Worked the CSIS stand both days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

You know what I did, Seachmall.:D:D:D

Ill be talking to you about this anti-climax though...

slept most of Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Caught the flu wednesday night.
    Slept/Hallucinated most of Thursday.
    Just woke up today.

Some productive week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Tuesday: Marketing Project(s)
    Wednesday: Marketing Project(s)

I had a blast. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Tuesday: Had my sister come up for the two days. Went for a tour round campus/ karate/ then club house party in Courtyard which was a feckin blast. Drank ein bisschen zu viel though for the first time and kept apologising to people for it which I hate myself!

Wednesday: Recovered, went to some talks with the sis, went into town for Halloween costumes, set her off, came back here and ate. EVERYTHING.

Great :cool:

Though skipped nearly all my lectures yesterday and today due to assignments I had to catch up on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Practised floating mainly, with brief intermissions for Oranjeboom and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Wore a bright luminous orange tshirt for the two days telling young wild students that there was nothing to see on C0!!!

I had to stand outside the accomodation office trying to control the ones who wanted to go to the science and engineering talks, and every once in a while seperate them from the nurses when they came through with one guide leading about a hundred people......

But im getting paid for it so its all good!!

Advertisement