Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd date pub....

Options
  • 15-10-2009 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Any1 suggest a good date pub for 2m nite? Most places are jammed on a fri eve. Lookin for somewhere witha good atmosphere but where we can get seats and talk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I quite like Biabar, it's up near break for the border/Stephens Green area.
    Really cool atmosphere and people, and they have board games like Guess Who or Jenga to play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubbly123

That sounds great. haven't played Guess Who in years. Good location too..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

the duke is good on a friday night fills with after work folks but they clear out after a few hours and loads of seats left. no music on fridays that i know of, just the chattering of the middle classes

No music, not good, what about those awkward silences lol! Ever go to Le Circ? Heard its suppossed to be good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Try Anseo or upstairs in the Lord Edward.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Not really a pub but Café en la Seine is pretty good, romantic decor but bustling - french art nouveau bar on Dawson St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Try Anseo or upstairs in the Lord Edward.

Upstairs in Lord Ed no music. A great bar, but if you're scared of awkward silences then don't go there. Le Cirk will have jazz in the basement and upstairs has some music on jukebox I think...it has a good atmosphere anyway. There's also a bar at the bottom of Georges Street near the Globe, it's smaller I can't remember the name of it. It also has jazz bands play in there and an acoustic duo was on in there last night, it was a good atmosphere and lots going on and loads of boho people to watch if you're worried about nerves! Enjoy your 2nd date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Babooshka wrote: »
    There's also a bar at the bottom of Georges Street near the Globe, it's smaller I can't remember the name of it. It also has jazz bands play in there and an acoustic duo was on in there last night, it was a good atmosphere and lots going on and loads of boho people to watch if you're worried about nerves!

I think you're talking about The Shebeen :)

Advertisement