Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W980i fm transmitter

• 15-10-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently got a W980i from o2 that i was very happy with but it got stolen. I got a replacement of the same phone from carphone warehouse but the fm transmitter that previously worked on the old phone isn't working on this.

When I try to use it I get the message that I cannot use the FM transmitter in this country/region due to legal constraints. Can anybody tell me why this is happening on one phone and it didnt happen on the other?

The only thing that I can think of thats different is that I now have a new 3g sim card in the new phone and I would have had a sim from around 2004 in the old one.

If anyone knows of a way to get around this inconvienence I would be much obliged :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

FM transmitter

What do you use the FM transmitter for? All Walkman phones have an FM receiver to pick up radio stations, but it is less clear what a transmitter is used for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

ardmacha wrote: »
    What do you use the FM transmitter for? All Walkman phones have an FM receiver to pick up radio stations, but it is less clear what a transmitter is used for.

I use it to play the walkman through my car radio similar to an i-trip i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If anyone knows of a way to get around this inconvienence I would be much obliged :)

Its nothing to do with the sim. If you do a software update on the phone it should fix the issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yes, the first version of the firmware had the FM transmitter disabled, but as Ireland has now changed the law so that FM transmitter devices are not illegal any more the latest firmware enables the FM transmitter.

Get the SE Update Service software here:-
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication/w980?lc=en&cc=ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

yup, got the updated firmware and its all working perfect.

thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement