Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efficient Euro/dollar exchange

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to the US in a couple of months (short enough trip) and as the Euro is so strong against the Dollar at the moment I was thinking of starting to buy up dollars before I head over as I have a couple of expense purchases to make.

Whats the cheapest way of buying dollars in Ireland? Are there other options aside from the mainstream banks? anything creative like opening a dollar bank account?

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

If you have a dollar bank account you could use www.xe.com apparently their rates are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

thanks for that intereting suggestion turgon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

For cash the best way would be your own bank. Another way is credit/debit card. The rates are usually slightly better than banks.
    Not sure on opening a dollar account but seen on another fourm last year that anglo have a dollar account.

turgon wrote: »
    If you have a dollar bank account you could use www.xe.com apparently their rates are very good.

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever used these?

Advertisement