Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector Vs Private Rant!!

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Civil servants lol, there is nothing civil about their service, they are a joke and they all need to wake up and cop on that its 2009 not foking 1980. They need to be run as a business end of story.

If I had my way I'd fire the lot of them and make them reapply for their jobs under a new stricter system that rewards efficiencies not incompetency and of course under a realistic Benchmarked wage system the follows the Economy and Private sector but with increases and decreases that relfect inflation/deflation.

Why am I the only one who thinks this way? Why are the Public sector hell bent on making sure they cripple our social and econimc fabric by retaining an unfair balance of wages and benefits? Why has it become a Public Vs Private sector debate when really we should all be willing to work together as one and to take hits that will benefit us all in the long run.

When did we all become so insular and greedy?

end rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

When did we all become so insular and greedy?
    1995(Start of the Celtic tiger period)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

hobochris wrote: »
    1995(Start of the Celtic tiger period)

I think you'll find it was much earlier than that... the Celtic Tiger just made the general public rich and greedy instead of the select few.

I am slowly becoming ashamed of this Islands people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Good to see a new and original topic in Politics:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

A bad foreman / leader has a bad gang.

I think the rot started earlier , at the top, around Spring 1980....Haughey gets in to power. Do not try to tell me he was not greedy / dishonest. He set an example for the rest of them. Think Paris shirts, hairshirts, private islands etc. Did Haughey not have ties with Ahern...and say of Ahern "he was the craftiest of them all" of words to that effect ? It amazes me how few politicians and public servants will publically say they do not wish to be the best paid - or among the best paid - in the world , and wish to have a decent pay cut ( say 30 or 40% ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Paulzx wrote: »
    Good to see a new and original topic in Politics:rolleyes:

its jsut a rant jeez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Jimmy, I think Haughey's quote was someting like "If you think I'm bad wait til you see the fella coming after me" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

its jsut a rant jeez

Then get a blog. This could have gone in any one of several recent threads, and this isn't a blogging service but a discussion forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement