Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging in restaurants

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is it just me or do people get overcharged in restaurants all the time? On Tuesday evening I had €72 added to a €90 bill! This type of thing seems to happen to me all the time. I have since heard that others have had a similar experience in this same restaurant. Is there somewhere these restaurants can be named and shamed? In the current climate any restaurant should be grateful for the business and so it seems that this practice is way out of line. They always claim it was human error, but what else would they say!

Anyone with a similar tale?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭ChillyJilly

Huwrog wrote: »
    They always claim it was human error, but what else would they say!

I am sure it probably was human error... or are you suggesting their illegally adding items onto bills to overcharge people on purpose?!
    I would blame a faulty ordering system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Huwrog

Yes I am suggesting they illegaly add items to the bill - well and good if you spot it they will take it off - but if you don't then they've made a packet. If it was accidental then I would expect that I would get undercharged as often as I get overcharged - this NEVER happens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I was overcharged last month, took a glass of wine and the bill had the entire bottle of wine; luckily I always check the bill and tell them to correct the problem.

I was never undercharged :|

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I always check the bill.

I was overcharge by about a tenner on a twenty euro bill in a small, popular, Italian restaurant in Dublin city centre.

It wasn't worth the money without being overcharged!

While I couldn't be sure, I think it was done deliberately.

Advertisement