Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute for paneer in vegetable kofta?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I want to make a vegetable kofta curry (like the one in Bombay Pantry, mmmmmm).

The kofta are a mixture of potato and other shredded vegetables, and then usually grated or mashed paneer.

I couldn't really be bothered making paneer - does anybody have any suggestions of alternatives? Maybe cottage cheese, or maybe tofu, but I'm not sure how well that would work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

If you put some cottage cheese in a sieve and washed away the whey, you would be left with paneer-like bits.
    Could work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Will give that a go, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've bought paneer in indian/pakistani supermarkets if you're looking for it. In Dublin I've gotten it in the Madina food market on Parnell St. I think they also have it in the market on Mary St (the name of which I cannot remember)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

I'd never noticed in shops so presumed I would have to make it.
    Will have a look in those places, thanks!

Advertisement