Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus route 746 - actual journey time Saturday mornings

• 15-10-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Sorry with the search function down can't check if this has been answered before, has anyone used the 746 from Dun Laoghaire to the Airport on a Saturday morning recently? The timetable has a 90 minute journey time but I think that has to be way too long. Might be better off getting the Dart to town and then one of the airport buses from Busaras.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If its before 10am Saturday, I imagine 60 minutes is more realistic.

You can get a DART + Airlink ticket, although a lot of ticket office staff don't know about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I would think it would be in the region of 1 hour 15 minutes - 45 minutes Dun Laoghaire to the city and 30 mins from the city centre to the Airport.

There is no way it would do the trip in 60 minutes Victor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Better off getting the Patton Flyer from the Royal Marine. (www.thepattonflyer.ie)
    It goes through the port tunnel, usually takes around 50 minutes or less. Fantastic service.

I've gotten the 746 plenty of times. Takes a long long time, definitely close to 90 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Thanks people, have used the Patton Flyer in the past very reliable service, have used it mostly out of DB hours as have an annual bus and rail pass. The 75 minute journey on the 746 is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

dereko1969 wrote: »
    Thanks people, have used the Patton Flyer in the past very reliable service, have used it mostly out of DB hours as have an annual bus and rail pass. The 75 minute journey on the 746 is tempting.

Get a 7 to O'Connell St and 747 (or 746) from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The 46a takes over an hour to get to the City and the 746 follows its route. Maybe 1-20 average. Also over the 90mins when all the shoppers come out to play. Out of service then..............

SickCert wrote: »
    The 46a takes over an hour to get to the City and the 746 follows its route. Maybe 1-20 average. Also over the 90mins when all the shoppers come out to play. Out of service then..............

Sickcert I'd be stunned if the 46A takes over an hour at 8am or 9am on a Saturday morning! More like 45-50 minutes surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The official running time is 40mins DL to Eglinton rd then 25 mins to Mountjoy sq. Weekends can be very hectic.

I agree but not at 8am!!!!

Advertisement