Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat time of year to visit Oz.

Options
  • 15-10-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I'm hoping to travel Australia for a few weeks next year - mainly just to visit a family member - just for 3 or 4 weeks.
    What's the best time to go weather wise? I'm not fond of very hot weather....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Where are you going to in Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

Yeah it really depends on where in Aus you are going.

Most places up north (from brisbane) are pretty warm all year round

Melbourne/Adelaide are quite cold in winter, you don't want to come anywhere near in February. Autumn is really nice though, April, May.

Sydney is generally 2 or 3 degrees hotter than Melbourne in winter, also gets hot in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Cheers - I hope to spend 2 weeks near Broome and then 2 weeks travelling to and from Broome from Melbourne and Sydney.
    I'd love to go in April but realistically, I'd be much better of (for spends) if I wait 'til September/October time to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

Cheers - I hope to spend 2 weeks near Broome and then 2 weeks travelling to and from Broome from Melbourne and Sydney.
    I'd love to go in April but realistically, I'd be much better of (for spends) if I wait 'til September/October time to go.
    sept/october isnt a bad time to come. it's autumn, generally around 20 degrees in melbourne and a bit warmer in sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nialinho

I would say March/April/May. This is the autumn season in Sydney and Melbourne, not too hot and not too cool. Also for Broome, the wet season ends around this time and dry season begins so the climate is at its least humid during this period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement