Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a Wifi enabled phone work without a SIM

• 15-10-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Will a Wifi enabled phone (Nokia) work without a SIM ;

My mate is upgrading his phone and will have an unused Wifi phone but no Sim

Is it poss to connect to wifi Network, install Fring and use phone to make Voip calls, without the Sim in place

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Should work for you without issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

yep you will get a nag screen 'do you want to make a connection in offline mode' but you just click throughthat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Once I connect to a wifi network, can I use mobile to make sip/voip calls without having to use fring. Do mobile phone makes block sip traffic on their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

k123456 wrote: »
    Once I connect to a wifi network, can I use mobile to make sip/voip calls without having to use fring. Do mobile phone makes block sip traffic on their phones
    MY HP 914 actively encourages it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jason.clark

Most smartphones nowadays lets you access WiFi without a SIM card. Each one is totally independent from the other. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement