Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how good are UFC and fight night round 4

• 15-10-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

any help with this also added a nice poll;)

which game is better or are they both awesome in their own ways? 23 votes

UFC
    0%
    Fight Night Round 4
    65%
    MakaveliV9muckwarriorTurd Fergusonscrew2loosesparky360rizzlaironictoasterDiceiclebjj-fighterMikeyt086Banes05That_GuyY2J_MUFCStee Rowan 15 votes
    they are both awesome
    21%
    mailrewopHornswoggleGamer Bhoy 89mwin80Saltour Sossiez 5 votes
    dont go near them with a bargepole
    13%
    neacy69DarkJagerLiam O 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I have UFC and like it because Im a UFC fanatic. If you dont know much about MMA you probably wont enjoy it as much or be 'good' at it.

I hate online because of lag and everyone wanting to do BJJ and I find that boring in the game!

The story/career isnt great either. Its boring levelling up(picking whether to spar or do cardio/strength/speed). Its really short aswell. Theres no storyline!

Its just pure fighting and if youre not a big MMA fan, I wouldnt recommend it. Just rent it for a week(€7.95 in Xtra Vision I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Fight Night Round 4
    I have both games but prefer UFC. As Swizz says there's no story mode in UFC to speak of but its still a solid game with good replay value and I'm sure the coming UFC games will get better as they go.
    Fight Night Round 3 was / is one of my favourite fight games, however the controls in Round 4 are terrible IMO. Maybe I've just got to get more practice or used to the new fight system but at the moment I'm not loving FNR4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big MMA fan for years, and in terms of boxing if its on ill watch but wont go out of my way to see it, I preferred fight night as a game though. UFC game bored me to tears after a few days and I haven't been back to it since. I should really give it a 2nd chance maybe.

Just my opinion on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 mwin80

they are both awesome
    UFC looks good when you're playing it but i would agree that it gets boring after a while. I rented it to give it a go and got bored after 2 nights of gameplay and returned it to the shop before my rental was up. The first night i played it with a mate and it was good craic but the second night i played it on single player mode and just got bored.

Personally i love fight night. It looks great and plays great. the only downside is that in career mode it's a bit long winded between fights. IE: the training is a bit annoying at times. That said, i'd buy fight night any day over UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fight Night Round 4
    I prefer UFC but not by much tbh. I wouldn't buy it though. I'd rent it. The career mode in UFC gets very stale. Too much loading time for me.
    It's a good laugh with offline multiplayer. Online play is very laggy.

If you are gonna buy UFC OP I got my copy in HMv for €29.99. That was in their sale price so I'm not sure if it's still the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

they are both awesome
    Haven't played UFC so i can't compare, but have to say i'm really enjoying Fight Night Round 4. Picked it up pre-owned for €35 recently, and reckon i'll get about 30 quid back when i go to trade it in later this week for Forza 3, so happy days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

dont go near them with a bargepole
    UFC has very rigid controls, there is a lack of unpredictability (except flash KOs) it's a lot of fun when you are learning how to play and then find something new but when you know everything a lot of fights tend to boil down to the same thing, the other player constantly blocking transitions on the ground and countering in a standing battle. It's still a very enjoyable game though.

FNR4 is a very well made game. The fight engine is based all aroung unpredictability and every punch is different. The career is a lot of fun and online is flawless, I especially love that you can download fighters such as Michael Jackson, Rocky, Obama etc off xbox live. However there are a lot of whores on LIVE who I don't know how they do it but seem to just hit you with power punches for the whole fight without losing stamina. Still, another great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Haven't played UFC so can't compare them but love Fight Night 4. played it constantly when it was first released then went off it as new games came out but have gotten back into it recently and it's still amazing. Some of the fights you can have swing back and forth so quickly it makes for edge of the seat exictement. It's true that the training sections are a bit dull and repititive but try to see past that and focus on the fighting for an excellent system which improves in so many ways over FN3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Fight Night Round 4
    I found UFC to be infinitely more enjoyable than Fight Night Round 4... I'd go for UFC without a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Fight Night Round 4
    I'm a huge fan of the UFC and i also love the game... i think with some improvements it could be epic!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement