Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC games installing question

Options
  • 15-10-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

If I'm going to reformat my HD, do I have to deactivate my my games first? or can I just install agian using keys?

eg I have Company of Heroes – Civ IV – Witcher – Far Cry II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

should be fine on the same keys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Some DRM limits the number of installs you can do. I remember there was uproar about it when BioShock came out. Best to check the manuals/google the games you want to reinstall. Otherwise, it should be fine just wiping the drive without uninstalling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

grizzly wrote: »
    If I'm going to reformat my HD, do I have to deactivate my my games first? or can I just install agian using keys?

eg I have Company of Heroes – Civ IV – Witcher – Far Cry II

CoH should be attached to you RelicOnline account.

Civ IV didn't have activations.

Witcher removed the limit some time ago in a patch.

Far Cry 2 removed the limit in a later patch.

Advertisement