Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB - Sim not valid

• 15-10-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

To cut the story short, I had to send my N95 into be repaired in the service centre this week. It was sent to Dublin and a new circuit board put in, and the latest firmware put on too.

Its been working on Vodafone all along, and now when I put in any simcard, I'm getting the sim not valid message.

Without a sim in at all, the phone starts fine in offline mode.

Any suggestions at all apart from take it back to the centre again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Trotter wrote: »
    Hi all,

To cut the story short, I had to send my N95 into be repaired in the service centre this week. It was sent to Dublin and a new circuit board put in, and the latest firmware put on too.

Its been working on Vodafone all along, and now when I put in any simcard, I'm getting the sim not valid message.

Without a sim in at all, the phone starts fine in offline mode.

Any suggestions at all apart from take it back to the centre again?
    Sounds like the new circuit board contains different network settings (most likely a UK one).

You will need to either ring and request the NAC Unlocking Code through Vodafone (there should be a different IMEI on the phone now via *#06#) or send it back and demand it be hard unlocked for free as yours was SIM free when you sent it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Sounds like the new circuit board contains different network settings (most likely a UK one).

You will need to either ring and request the NAC Unlocking Code through Vodafone (there should be a different IMEI on the phone now via *#06#) or send it back and demand it be hard unlocked for free as yours was SIM free when you sent it in.

As the board is now different, the phone now has a different IMEI? Makes sense alright, and explains why Vodafone wont give me the unlock because they dont have it on their system.

Looks like I'll have to bring it back into the Nokia service centre tomorrow. Can they unlock it on the spot for me?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Before you send it away try tightening the sim card cover - I had an N95 (unlocked) happily running on Vodafone and 3. I ported to metwor and got the same error.

It turned out that the meteor sim was slightly thinner so I bent the sim card cover slightly so that it would press harder against the sim. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

It turns out Nokia didnt give me a generic board in the phone so it'll be done again next week.

Grr.

Advertisement