Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the future holds?

• 15-10-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Well lads this is my first post here. Im 21 and Im a second year apprentice, I'm so lucky to have a job, we seem to be going ok but almost everyone everywhere it seems to be groom and gloom for them and I feel sorry, but my question, are we truly bolloxed?:confused:

Theres talk about bankruptcy and growth, I'm just confused:confused: Can we expect to see a thriving Ireland once again or an old 80's Ireland? Im just hoping for the best, I suppose the months after Christmas will tell....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Some of us actually remember the 80's - no jobs, mass emigration. Much of a muchness. The economy is cyclical, you'll just have to hold out a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

Compared to 1845-47, 1932-1938, the dirty fifties and the filthy 1987 we are not in bad shape. There is a 400 million plus area with 27 countries open to us, people with skills will always find work. The low birth rate augurs well for people coming on to the labour market. In the old days 4 out of 5 school leavers emigrated. Now it will be less than 2 out of 5. A good beginning is to be careful who you vote for because we get the governments that we deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Plug wrote: »
    Well lads this is my first post here. Im 21 and Im a second year apprentice, I'm so lucky to have a job, we seem to be going ok but almost everyone everywhere it seems to be groom and gloom for them and I feel sorry, but my question, are we truly bolloxed?:confused:

Theres talk about bankruptcy and growth, I'm just confused:confused: Can we expect to see a thriving Ireland once again or an old 80's Ireland? Im just hoping for the best, I suppose the months after Christmas will tell....

Save as much as you can while still having a life and stay away from credit cards

Advertisement