Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silencer causing misfeeds

Options
  • 15-10-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Got my ACM P90 today which I love, however when I put on the silencer it came with it, it misfeeds. I looked down the barrel with the silencer on and I noticed the silencer was about a 1/4 blocking the barrel. To get it to fire I have to loosen the silencer a small bit and point it slightly upwards.

Is the any remedy for this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if some of the material in the silencer is in the way you should be able to unscrew one end of the silencer remove the material and adjust so it does not get in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

I'm afraid Pud its that top part that is blocking the barrel not the foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

drill the exit hole bigger,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

if its the casing of the silencer itself that is blocking the flight of the bb it sounds like a manufacturing fault with the product, the only thing apart from taking it back would be to try and remove the material, long drill bit or dremel normal does the job

thermo wrote: »
    drill the exit hole bigger,,,,,,,,,,,,

Could it not f**k the silencer up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Could it not f**k the silencer up?

not if its only a couple of mm bigger

Alright I'll try it so, thanks for the speedy response lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

of course it will... might look stupid too...

The thread apears to be twisted a tad. First, remove the silencer, check the p90 flashhider is screwed in right... the bit with the thread... I think i remember it attaching to the front? if not, nm, silencer... take off the silencer from the part that screws to the gun, rethread, and try again, crossthreading here can change theangle. Re fit, try again. if all else fails, shim the thread with a little teflon tape and add the silencer. it should sit right now if you shim it correctly... ie, the thread is loose if you can tilt it a little, thus making it fit securely means it wont 'droop' and cause bbs to hit the end.

Firekitten wrote: »
    of course it will... might look stupid too...

The thread apears to be twisted a tad. First, remove the silencer, check the p90 flashhider is screwed in right... the bit with the thread... I think i remember it attaching to the front? if not, nm, silencer... take off the silencer from the part that screws to the gun, rethread, and try again, crossthreading here can change theangle. Re fit, try again. if all else fails, shim the thread with a little teflon tape and add the silencer. it should sit right now if you shim it correctly... ie, the thread is loose if you can tilt it a little, thus making it fit securely means it wont 'droop' and cause bbs to hit the end.

Thanks FK will try now!

Advertisement