Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with connecting to Eircom wireless broadband

Options
  • 15-10-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems accessing my eircom wireless network. When I go to "connect to" it say under my wireless network - "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirments of the network".

I got a laptop yesterday and started fooling around with the Netopia Router setting for the wireless network and I switch off the privacy altogether so I could access the wireless. At that point the wireless was working grand. Only then I found out then that this is not scure because anyone can access your wireless. So I swithed it back to WPA. After that the message which I wrote about ^^^ popped up when I tried to access the wireless.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this? Is there I was I can set everything back to there defalt settings?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I'm having problems accessing my eircom wireless network. When I go to "connect to" it say under my wireless network - "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirments of the network".

I got a laptop yesterday and started fooling around with the Netopia Router setting for the wireless network and I switch off the privacy altogether so I could access the wireless. At that point the wireless was working grand. Only then I found out then that this is not scure because anyone can access your wireless. So I swithed it back to WPA. After that the message which I wrote about ^^^ popped up when I tried to access the wireless.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this? Is there I was I can set everything back to there defalt settings?

Don't reset the router to default, it'll just be insecure again. It sounds like you have a stored profile for the network which has old settings. Right click on your wireless connection entry under network connections, and choose properties. On the central tab, there'll be a list of wireless networks at the bottom. Choose your stored entry for your network and either edit it or delete it.

Advertisement