Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at B n Q

Options
  • 15-10-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Hi. Going off on hollybobs for a few days next week and getting bus from Athlone to Airport.

Would the clampers be around if i leave car at B n Q for 3 days? Im not sure what the policy is for that area :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Clampers, doubt it. Local youths, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah wouldn't leave it sitting there myself. The only safe place would be within view of a camera from one of the shops, even at that a bit sketchy. All you'd need is a hoody and you're in the clear. Plus you just advertised it on a public website, joyriding anyone? ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I would not park it at B and Q. too dangerous. get a taxi to B and Q leave your car at home or get someone to collect it if you dont get a taxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Why not drive to the airport? The rates have come down a lot. There is probably little difference between the bus fare for 2 and the price of parking. Plus your car will be there no matter what time you land.

Quickpark is €7 per day and DAA is from €5.20 per day booking on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The tolls to dublin airport are €12 return. Petrol is going to cost you ~€20.

So before you pay for parking you are up at €32

Its €25 for a return bus ticket per person

leave you €18 to park (presuming 2), plus factor in convience of having the car when you land.

But citylink have wifi now so you can post on boards for the journey :)

Im driving up to Dublin airport wednesday night if thats any good to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The tolls to dublin airport are €12 return. Petrol is going to cost you ~€20.

So before you pay for parking you are up at €32

Its €25 for a return bus ticket per person

leave you €18 to park (presuming 2), plus factor in convience of having the car when you land.

But citylink have wifi now so you can post on boards for the journey :)

Im driving up to Dublin airport wednesday night if thats any good to you?

Thanks for advice all. For privacys sake i didnt mention the exact day(s) that the car will be there. Not travelling Wednesday but thanks for the offer all the same

As to price being a factor, the flight (to Malta) cost €55 all told. Citylink bus only €16 return.

Using the car would have stretched the price to airport up to nearly €50 including parking and tolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The convenience of having the car there when you get back is priceless though. Just get your bag, and get home. No fluting around waiting for buses/taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

I've gone away twice for longs weekends where i have left the car at the b&q car park and gotten the city link bus, no problems, very handy, suppose ya might be unlucky but ive never had problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alquaa

I know this is an old thread but where would be a safe place to park if I want to take the airport bus to Dublin, going midweek for 5days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Alquaa wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but where would be a safe place to park if I want to take the airport bus to Dublin, going midweek for 5days?

Outside the Beds Etc Cost Plus Sofa/Laura Ashley is what i always do. 20 second walk to the bus stop from there.

Of course theres no such thing as a "safe place" given that someone could do damage in your own driveway, but the above has never given me problems. Enjoy your trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Alquaa

Thanks!

Advertisement