Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Clean

Options
  • 15-10-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good relabile chimney cleaner, we are getting rid of our gas fire and putting in a real fire but the chimney needs a clean think there might be a nest up there, if anyone knows a good thorogh reliable chimney cleaner please let me know,

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Timmy, at your service 'guv..bert-victorian-chimney-sweep-boys-costume-918-p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SPARTAN33

hahahah very funny, but i need a good recommendation please anybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

SPARTAN33 wrote: »
    hahahah very funny, but i need a good recommendation please anybody!!!

Sorry, wish I could really help!

Am now just waiting for my 'infraction' message for not taking this seriously enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

There was some guy round my street yesterday putting chimney sweep leaflets through peoples doors, I'll pm you the number when I get home if you haven't gotten it yet and if me mother hasnt thrown it out

EDIT: Sent a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catblack

I was thinking of setting myself up as a chimney sweep after a guy with a set of brushes, a sack and a hoover charged me €50 for ten minutes work.
    Good line of business these days when people are staying in more, scrimping on their central heating oil and going back to burning wood, which clogs up chimneys something wicked.
    Was I ripped off or is that the going rate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 eddie4

hi as a professinal chimney sweep 50 euros is probably the going rate, the fact that he only spent 10 mins would be far more worrying, usually it takes around 20 to 30 mins to clean a chimney properly, there is far more to chimney sweeping than grabbing a set of rods and brushes and a hoover and calling yourself a chimney sweep, its the same as buying a bucket and squeegee and calling yourself a window cleaner, spartan you do not give your area but if you are in carlow, kilkenny or dublin we would be more than happy to arrange an appointment, pm me

Advertisement