Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Infrastructure Off-Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Amazing to think that the first decade of the new century is almost at an end. Looking back, news highlights that I can think of must include:

The September 11 attacks
    The launch of the euro into circulation
    Indian Ocean Tsunami
    EU Enlargement
    Iraq War
    Obama Election
    Death of Pope John Paul II

In film who can forget the hype surrounding each of the Lord of the Rings movie releases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Furet wrote: »
    Amazing to think that the first decade of the new century is almost at an end. Looking back, news highlights that I can think of must include:

The September 11 attacks
    The launch of the euro into circulation
    Indian Ocean Tsunami
    EU Enlargement
    Iraq War
    Obama Election
    Death of Pope John Paul II

In film who can forget the hype surrounding each Lord of the Rings movie releases?

And the pope the other day getting a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Anyone else think Lord of the Rings were boring films? I saw one of them and didn't bother with the others.

KevR wrote: »
    Anyone else think Lord of the Rings were boring films? I saw one of them and didn't bother with the others.

At the time I thought they were great but I don't think they can carry multiple viewings so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Lords of the rings was boring enough to me too. Same goes for Harry Potter 1,2,3 ..... whatever amount of them that came out.

• Advertisement

Anyone here on facebook? I'm thinking of setting up a few motorway pages on the site - one each for the M8, M9, M7, M6, M1, M50 etc. It would be interesting to see who joins!

Anyone here on facebook? I'm thinking of setting up a few motorway pages on the site - one each for the M8, M9, M7, M6, M1, M50 etc. It would be interesting to see who joins!

I'm on facebook, please link me to the relevant sites when created!! :) (Btw I see what you did there, the M8 comes first ;) )

Edit: I'm after finding the M8 page!

tech2 wrote: »
    (Btw I see what you did there, the M8 comes first ;) )

Always. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That'd be the UK's M8, I think. Before Furet and BluntGuy start a vigilante gang to take out the founders ;)

• Advertisement

Wheres the option to create a page like that? I think I should get the ball rolling on a M18 page :D

Wheres the option to create a page like that? I think I should get the ball rolling on a M18 page :D

You go here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

and ignore the top three options. Beneath the "Create Page" button there's some small text. Click "Create a facebook group" and bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I never had Furet down as a skinhead! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

I think if i became a facebook fan of a road, now that would be a step too far on the road to sadness.

Good idea, but I'm not ready to come out of the road geek closet just yet! Will have to ask Iris 'Mad Dog' Robinson for advice to cure me B-)

nordydan wrote: »
    I think if i became a facebook fan of a road, now that would be a step too far on the road to sadness.

Good idea, but I'm not ready to come out of the road geek closet just yet! Will have to ask Iris 'Mad Dog' Robinson for advice to cure me B-)

If you choose not to publish any changes then it wont show up on your profile.

How did you manage to have yourself not show up as an admin, Tech2? Also, how did you add albums? I only have the option of cross-posting pictures from the photo albums on my own profile page.

I don't know really, I just clicked on the create page and it doesn't seem to show me as an admin. I must add more photos onto the page later.

Edit: I added you as an admin to the M18 motorway page

MYOB wrote: »
    I never had Furet down as a skinhead! :eek:
    I didn't either! I have a shaved head myself. My Facebook profile picture (the one of me on the Brooklyn Bridge) is about a year and a half old - I'm about 3 stone heavier now.

How did you manage to have yourself not show up as an admin, Tech2? Also, how did you add albums? I only have the option of cross-posting pictures from the photo albums on my own profile page.
    I don't know really, I just clicked on the create page and it doesn't seem to show me as an admin. I must add more photos onto the page later.

Edit: I added you as an admin to the M18 motorway page

When I joined the M8 page I had to press a 'Join' button for the group. With the M18 page it was a 'Become a Fan' button. Could that be why one of you is showing as admin and the other not - they're different types of groups?

When I joined the M8 page I had to press a 'Join' button for the group. With the M18 page it was a 'Become a Fan' button. Could that be why one of you is showing as admin and the other not - they're different types of groups?

I noticed that too. I don't know what we did differently. I wanted to create a fan page. :(

If someone can tell me how, I'll start again.

• Advertisement

This cold weather is a serious buzz kill. I honestly miss the rain.

This cold weather is a serious buzz kill. I honestly miss the rain.

Me too. The water froze 2 days ago. Such a precious thing; seriously undervalued until you lose it.

Me too. The water froze 2 days ago. Such a precious thing; seriously undervalued until you lose it.

Our water pressure has been really low since New Year's Eve. There's not enough pressure for the tank in the attic to fill. It's a right pain, although at least we do have water downstairs.

The novelty side of the cold weather - Loughrea lake is completely frozen. We were out sliding on the very shallow part on Saturday. Some people were walking the whole way across to the other side of the lake with their kids!! Apparently on Friday night some muppet drove his car onto it and the ice started cracking. He just managed to get the car off. Some people are totally brain-dead!

Our water pressure has been really low since New Year's Eve. There's not enough pressure for the tank in the attic to fill. It's a right pain, although at least we do have water downstairs.

The novelty side of the cold weather - Loughrea lake is completely frozen. We were out sliding on the very shallow part on Saturday. Some people were walking the whole way across to the other side of the lake with their kids!! Apparently on Friday night some muppet drove his car onto it and the ice started cracking. He just managed to get the car off. Some people are totally brain-dead!

LOL...!

Which one of ye wrote this?

So Why is newlands cross forgotten about.

Bertie are you listening?
    Brian Cowen?
    Noel Dempsey ( I think you should be sacked) hear hear.

Who else in there is in politics for the celebrity lifestyle, or should I say who in there is not.

Anyhoo, think this shouold be brought up. Why has Newlands cross upgrade dissappeared. And I dont want people to say there is no money. I just am not going to fall for this balony anymore. Since recessions are all staged and the idea of no money circulating is another way to try lock us into this bubble of hopelessness, money is there but the greedy are not allowing it to circulate.;)

To much info there, but yeah it's odd that Newlands cross has completely been taken off the radar since it was meant to go ahead this year from only a one year setback remember.

I'm thinking a bridge over newlands
    I'm thinking a bridge over Newlands
    I'm thinking a bridge over Newlands

Kumbaya umbaya

Come to life now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mysterious wrote: »
    So Why

It is no more forgotten about than your map of the new bridge in Galway you were uploading yesterday, and didn't.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is no more forgotten about than your map of the new bridge in Galway you were uploading yesterday, and didn't.

We are discussing Newlands Cross, not Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

"The Infrastructure Off-Topic Thread!"

...a thread for discussing pretty much anything.

The clue is in the name.

Advertisement