Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I had a run in with some scumbags that has left me shaken and nauseous

• 15-10-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I was walking home across a large green that overlooks the back of my house, it's sits just inbetween two sides of a busy main road so I always cut across it after jumping off the bus.

I had managed to make it virtually the whole way across unobstructed when some young whipper snappers barely cocked kicked a ball over in my direction, now I'll be the first to admit I ain't no Robbie Keane when it comes to the art of soccer but I like to think I have enough skill to be confident enough to dribble and score a point with minimal effort. Still even with this fact in mind I pretended I hadn't seen the ball roll pass merely yards ahead of me and carried on walking but froze when one of the charlies shouted in my direction. "Hey miiister kick it back." I **** myself and also pretended not to hear this plea for assistance from the young youth. I had only taken four more steps however when he shouted again. "Oi prick, pass it back you ****." The **** that had resided in my pants had now doubled in load at the thought of a 15 year old skanger calling me names in public. I then looked around as if only just realising the little man had meant me and ambled over the the tatty old football that had been kicked over near the edge of the green. So dressed in my office suit and shiny shoes I started silently praying to God that the kick wasn't as awful as it destined to be, I expected at worse that I would only manage to boot it a few yards away from me and they'd all laugh and call me a nancy... I could live with that, but today it seemed God was either not at home or the possibilty that my suspicion of the fact that the **** ain't real could infact be true because after spending 5 seconds lining up my kick I then proceeded to make a run and scuffed the ball with the side of my shoe which went almost at a right angle to my left and flew into the busy road, if matters couldn't get worse in then got run over by a Tesco's delivery lorry and made a load pop that also deflated my arsehole as I stared back at the now angry youths. Before they had a chance to come after me I turned and legged it as fast as I could across the busy road almost getting run over in the process and didn't stop running until I was in my house, I then spent the next 10 minutes peeking through my curtains praying they didn't see what house I had run into.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lol good one

humour forum >>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

You need to get out more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Solution:
    Learn how to kick a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I had a run in with a thread that had no paragraphs, and it has left me shaken and nauseous...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Their underground network knows where you live, there's no escape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TL;DR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Robbie Keane.

"Soccer"

Dribble.

Score a point.

Computer says no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Goal, you score a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

lol..sap! funny tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I love the utter pointlessness of all this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dan

dan

dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I guess we all know who Trappatoni will draft into midfield now for the play offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I had a run in with a thread that had no paragraphs, and it has left me shaken and nauseous...
    ha ha quality- was I meant to find this thread so funny....they prob just thought what the hell and started laughing...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I had a run in with some scumbags that has left me shaken and nauseous

Nah you burst some young fellas ball.

From your story they seemed sound enough 'til you ignored them and killed their ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

stovelid wrote: »
    Robbie Keane.

"Soccer"

Dribble.

Score a point.

Computer says no.

You forgot "Whipper Snappers", In what Century did all this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Thats the funniest post ive read in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

RonMexico wrote: »
    I guess we all know who Trappatoni will draft into midfield now for the play offs.

Andy Reid?

Hang on OP are you Andy Reid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

SkidMark wrote: »
    You forgot "Whipper Snappers", In what Century did all this place?

Whilst preambling this very morn I came across the most unruly bunch of scallywags....

OP, next time throw the ball over to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I was walking home across a large green that overlooks the back of my house, it's sits just inbetween two sides of a busy main road so I always cut across it after jumping off the bus.

I had managed to make it virtually the whole way across unobstructed when some young whipper snappers barely cocked kicked a ball over in my direction, now I'll be the first to admit I ain't no Robbie Keane when it comes to the art of soccer but I like to think I have enough skill to be confident enough to dribble and score a point with minimal effort. Still even with this fact in mind I pretended I hadn't seen the ball roll pass merely yards ahead of me and carried on walking but froze when one of the charlies shouted in my direction. "Hey miiister kick it back." I **** myself and also pretended not to hear this plea for assistance from the young youth. I had only taken four more steps however when he shouted again. "Oi prick, pass it back you ****." The **** that had resided in my pants had now doubled in load at the thought of a 15 year old skanger calling me names in public. I then looked around as if only just realising the little man had meant me and ambled over the the tatty old football that had been kicked over near the edge of the green. So dressed in my office suit and shiny shoes I started silently praying to God that the kick wasn't as awful as it destined to be, I expected at worse that I would only manage to boot it a few yards away from me and they'd all laugh and call me a nancy... I could live with that, but today it seemed God was either not at home or the possibilty that my suspicion of the fact that the **** ain't real could infact be true because after spending 5 seconds lining up my kick I then proceeded to make a run and scuffed the ball with the side of my shoe which went almost at a right angle to my left and flew into the busy road, if matters couldn't get worse in then got run over by a Tesco's delivery lorry and made a load pop that also deflated my arsehole as I stared back at the now angry youths. Before they had a chance to come after me I turned and legged it as fast as I could across the busy road almost getting run over in the process and didn't stop running until I was in my house, I then spent the next 10 minutes peeking through my curtains praying they didn't see what house I had run into.

Yeah i fcuking hate those young youths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

dan

dan

dan
    Nah he cant hear me...

DAN

naaahhh he cant hear me

dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I want that three minutes of my life back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

naaahhh he cant hear me

dan
    Got it before you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The **** that had resided in my pants had now doubled in load into.
    SkidMark wrote: »

You were obviously both there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

In fairness they were hardly scumbags, couple young lads playing ball and ask for it back when it goes astray and low and behold the op manages to burst the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Man, when I seen the title of this thread I was waiting for the same old story of some scumbags directly attacking you.

To Summarize,

Lads playing football...

Ball comes your way.....

You completely over analyze the situation and panic over what?

You ignore them and they call you names..

You decide to kick the ball back and it gets run over....

Sounds like you lack confidence especially in this situation..

What should of happened:-

Ball comes your way. Fair enough you can't play ball. Anyone can toe-poke a ball. You should of hit it as hard as you could with your big toe, laugh at where it goes and told the lads, I'm no Robbie Keane... Sorry lads.

Due to your indecision you kicked the ball in a panic and the van burst it.

Kicked it first time and laughed, you would of be fine.

I think your fine in anyway...

Chill out man... buy a new ball, toe-bog it to them next time you seen them and say laters boys.

End of story..

I thought you got stuck with a needle or something...

You're alright..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

OP needs a visit to bluffball, it'll smooth those awkward references to dribbling, scoring points and Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Bono Vox wrote: »
    I want that three minutes of my life back
    it took 3 minutes to read that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

hahah thats feckin gas:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Shamblertine IS Mark Corrigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Grow a pair? :P

Got it before you!!

i was replying to you:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

OP sounds like Mr. Bean there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

LoL

That was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I.T Crowd football
    Haha Op this is so you
    Embedded is disabled sorry guys:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Well, I wouldn't call this a run in with scumbags, I'd hate to see what you'd call running into 3 Marlborough street lovelies with spikes and all.

I hope you bought them a new ball or something, you bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

WeeBushy wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Priceless, i laughed lots. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I really hope this is a joke, I'd expect a 4 year old girl to have bigger balls than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

you know, you didnt even have to kick it back,

pick it up and throw it ? :confused:

buy them a new ball or you'll be hearing from us very soon :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

dm.jpg

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

This is the best thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

dreamers75 wrote: »

humour forum >>>>

Yeah.. eh... Don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I think the secret, in this situation OP, is not to run away like a girl from a bunch of kids that didn't discover masturbation before the ****ing millenium hit.
    Should have just pretended you meant to do it. Got home. If they followed you, kick some heads. And do it in your suit, with a switch of bamboo and a bar of soap, only to make it a bit of a challenge for yourself. You are a grown man?
    Say it with me now, GRRRRRRRRRR!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Am I the only one who read the op as a blatantely obvious piece of satire on the over-reactions of members of certain sections of society when confronted with what they consider to be "scummers" based on their own ignorance and pre-conceptions?

Actually quite a clever piece of writing if you ask me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

orestes wrote: »
    Am I the only one who read the op as a blatantely obvious piece of satire on the over-reactions of members of certain sections of society when confronted with what they consider to be "scummers" based on their own ignorance and pre-conceptions?

Actually quite a clever piece of writing if you ask me.
    Go to Bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

CHD wrote: »
    Go to Bed.

Sigh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement