Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teaching interview London

• 15-10-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of interviews in London or elsewhere in the uk
    I am hoping to move to London soon and I went to london this week for an interview and it was a horrible experience!!!
    The principal and two other members of staff who interviewed me never shuck my hand and barely made eye contact during the whole day. Although I got down to the last two the principal told me in reception in full ear shot of parents and students ‘we’ve decided to go with the other candidate but thanks for coming’ she then promptly walked away, again having barely looked at me.
    I know that the British are said to be a little more standoffish than the Irish but I was really shocked at how cold the whole thing was I know it’s an interview but I thought it was bordering on rude especially having come the whole way from Ireland.
    I am also fairly certain they had no intention of hiring me in the first place!!I’m not bitter about it especially considering the way I was treated I dont think i would have been happy in this school. However I was def the most qualified and the most experienced and I don’t think I made any major blunders in the interview or teaching the class??? I was really upset and put off the whole thing but unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of choosing to stay in Ireland!!
    has anyone had a similar experience with interviews? I would love to hear some positive info on schools over there as I would hate to think they would all be like this?

Any help appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi there. The default font style and size are fine so please use them in future. Thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

I am sorry to hear of your experience. I am happy to report though that its not the norm or at least it wasen't when i worked in London.
    I always found the interviws to be fairly standard, much the same as here . I liked the fact that you were told the result on the day unlike here where you leave the interview not knowing when or if you will ever hear from them again.
    As for feeling you should have got the job but didn't believe me that happens everywhere, especially in Ireland. Once a head told me to apply for "Johns" job just for the practice !!!!!.

Advertisement