Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG GW520 WiFi?

• 15-10-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

I was just on the Meteor website looking for a new phone and came across the LG GW520, the phone seemed to suited my needs (slide out QWERTY keyboard as well as WiFi) for only €220. This however seemed a bit too good to be true. So, I do a quick Google search and according various sources the phone doesn't have WiFi. So is it just a misprint on the Meteor website? If so it is a pretty major mistake!

While I'm at it as this does most likely appear a misprint could anyone recommend a phone with WiFi and QWERTY keyboard <€300? That is if they exist at all...

What I'm talking about:

meteor.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This happens more than you would think! The phone doesn't have wifi, but them seem to think it does. A common one is for non 3G phones being spec'd that they do.

For your search for a phone what have you looked at? Any prefs? Wants?
    Have you checked out the E63 yet? or the E71( or the super new E72)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

For anything spec related I go to www.gsmarena.com

If you want REALLY cheap QWERTY + wifi you can get an E61 for about 80 or so on eBay (or even www.adverts.ie sometimes :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Davy wrote: »
    This happens more than you would think! The phone doesn't have wifi, but them seem to think it does. A common one is for non 3G phones being spec'd that they do.

For your search for a phone what have you looked at? Any prefs? Wants?
    Have you checked out the E63 yet? or the E71( or the super new E72)

I hadn't done much research yet but have more time today and it does seem quite common indeed, you'd think it would be in their own interest to get the specs of the phone right!

I hadn't considered the E63, have had bad experiences with Nokia phones in the past (never tried a Nokia smartphone). That said the E63 seems a great deal and I might very well get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I hadn't considered the E63, have had bad experiences with Nokia phones in the past (never tried a Nokia smartphone). That said the E63 seems a great deal and I might very well get one.

Their is a few boardsies that have one so should be able to help you out. Now that you solved the other problem, might be a good idea to start a new thread for the new phone, or get a mod to change the title for you so people know you want to know more bout the E63, should help you get better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

E63 is a brilliant smartphone with wifi. I have it for about 6 months now. Smooth interface, hardly any bugs, fast os, etc. Would absolutely recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Thanks for replies people, just got a couple of questions before I invest in a E63:

-How's the browser in it, is it easy enough to use without touch screen?

-Would it be suitable to use as a personal phone, I'm only 17 so the email and office functions are fairly useless to me?

Browser is fairly good,based on the safari platform. Loads pages reasonably quick. The phone is not tailored towards biz customer, instead it is a budget qwerty phone in a quality package. I would definitely go for it, unless you want a great camera, which is one of few downsides.

The phone is very intuitive and touchscreen is not something I miss. I spent a few mths with the 5800 but it wasnt my type of phone, however, if you are used to touchscreen, the transition might be a bit steep.

All in all, the E63 is value for money, responsive, fast even with dozen of programs running simultaneously.

Buy it!

This post has been deleted.

I got used to it in a few days.depends on how big thumbs you have really.

Advertisement