Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing subject streams?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I was just wondering whether it was possible to change subject streams for 2nd semester? For example, I was thinking of changing from English to Computer Science after the first semester to try it out, is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I'm gonna go with no since you'd be missing 3 computer science specific modules from the first semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

You can, depending on the subject.
    As Donald-Duck pointed out, it's unlikely that you could with Comp Sci seeing as you've already missed core modules.

On the other hand, I do know that Geography can be taken in 2nd Semester only, allowing you to move into 2nd year with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

hey, i'd love to do switch to geography in second semester, how does one do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Arts program office will sort you out.
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait until the change of mind window opens at the end of the semester.

All the same, you can just ask them and they'll confirm that for you.
    Even if geography isn't available to transfer to in the second semester, they should be able to tell you what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Yeah, checked in the programmes office and Computer Science isn't one of the ones that you can change to. Thanks anyways :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement