Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up grade my AEG

Options
  • 15-10-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi
    Im new to airsoft, and im just wondering how do I increase the ROF of my AEG?
    Its a COLT M4 with a 8.4 volt battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

KILL CRAZY wrote: »
    Hi
    What brand of m4?

You said colt... going to assume there its cybergun, and thus a rebrand, frankly.. the advice wont matter much.

Barrel system: Tightbore and new hop,

Best options? Prometheus 6.03 tightbore, and a king arms hop unit, guarder soft rubber, and a H bucking.

Gearbox:mmm, standard upgrades would be to swap out wiring first, this will improve trigger lag, and make your system more efficient. You can get wiring sets by guarder from ehobby complete... literally a drop in job.

for rate of fire... depending on the gearbox shell size, bearings, or if its 6mm, stick with ceramic or steel bushings for greater efficiency. 6mm bearings i tend to find... unreliable.

High speed gears, potentially a Modify set, very very nice... pre shimmed, and excelent watchmaker precision in the sets.

new motor: Guarder m120 highspeed motor... it will go zoom zoom and not to your bank manager.

New bearing spring guide and piston with dampner head... I vote systema here, excelent parts for this job.

New Air nozzle... King arms v2 m4 air nozzle, best fit i find. king arms tappet plate.

Of course this is somewhat a 'best' case upgrade. Depending on your budget, you can do as little or as much as possible.

Cheapest way to improve rof? wack a 9.6 battery in, but I dont recomend that... your gun will wear out faster and die.

Change the wiring, add a high speed piston and gear set (properly shimmed), and new bushings will be the best way to gain better rate of fire.

Why put higher stress on the system with higher voltage when its doable mechanically?

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Hi

Buy a 9.6v battery.

As I mentioned above sweetie, It's an option, but not good for the guns health in the long term as it comes out of the box. With a few tweaks to his gears, motor, wiring etc, a 9.6 would be ok, but frankly, with those fixes, it can perform the same and better on an 8.4 too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Sorry firekittn but a lot of that in my opinion is rather over kill and more about showing your knowledge but there is somthing called to much information,

the easest way to increase rod would be to use a 9.6v battery or even a better quality 8.4v if your using a battery that came in the box it can normal be of very low quality and very low performance, almost all aeg can take a 9.6 without issue

I do have a concern considering you called it a cold that it could be one of the really cheap lpeg cybergun rebrand which tbh are crap and I would advice replaceing if this is the case, can you confirm what you have?

Which is why I recomended replacing things with those that work.... True enough its overkill, but I did offer a cutdown version, as i did admit it was somewhat open wallet surgery.

A better quality 8.4 is a good cheap start. +1 Pud... I miss the sillyest things!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

If you find a clone that cant take a 9.6 comfortably these days then you really should avoid said gun. :)

Stick a 9.6 in it.

If you want to inprove it in other ways you can deal with them as you see fit really,
    it can get quite expensive to do a load of upgrades plus you may or may not have to leave it with a shop to do the work depending on your ability. this will add to the cost of all the parts and start to look like a big money pit.

The biggest performance upgrades come from a professional assembly rather than installing new parts. Start with the small things. :)

Well a lot of the chinese guns can. We dont know what this one is... But it smells of Cybergun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

if he said colt in the shop as the brand name its more than likely the cheapo lpeg M4, if it is don't bother doing anything to it, mate of mine bought one in hopes of skirmishing it. plastic gearbox and paper thin barrel. flimsiest yoke Ive ever held, about 250 fps out of the box, I had planned on doing him some upgrades since i had a spare hop up and barrel sitting there, ended up not being able to get the hop up out of the gun and left it back to him, the pin going through the hop seemed to be melted into the receiver. they also did one with a metal reciever though afair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If its a plastic junk house its not even compatible with above listed parts.

Slap a 9.6 in for rof, whatever breaks needs replacing anyway, if the whole thing breaks to the skip with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 KILL CRAZY

Thanks for the tips lads here is a few pics of the gun and this is all the information on the box
    • one piece metal outer barrel
    • one piece metal upper receiver
    • one piece metal lower receiver
    • steel gears and metal gear box
    • metal mag 300 bbs
    • one piece metal adjustable hop up accuracy system
    • metal gearbox
    so if you think it will take a 9.6 volt ill try that first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

thats not the cheapo yoke i was on about. that would take a 9.6 id say

Try a 9.6, but if it sounds like a stuck pig... well... it may :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

That'll take a 9.6 no probs. If memory serves me right it already has 7mm bearings inside aswell as a few other nice bits. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

so if you think it will take a 9.6 volt ill try that first

Just to be fore-warned. Using a 9.6V may void your warranty.
    I'd check with where you purchased 1st. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 KILL CRAZY

ok ill do that thanks everybody for the help :D

Masada wrote: »
    That'll take a 9.6 no probs. If memory serves me right it already has 7mm bearings inside aswell as a few other nice bits. :)
    His memory serves him correctly... It does have quite a nice setup now I know which model it actually is...
    He's right, it will take a 9.6, and I'm a fool :)

Advertisement