Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 and tuning TV on Media Centre

• 15-10-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭

Despite earlier posts on this topic, I've upgraded to Windows 7 and Media Centre refuses to tune in any TV stations - no matter what country I seem to select, Media Centre doesnt support it.

Has anyone got this to work?

(and all the MS localisation developers are based in Ireland...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

without wishing to be a smarta*rse, etc, as i havent seen your other threads, i have gotten this to work on:

TV Tuner: Hauppauge usb wintv hvr-900H

Laptop Manufacturer/Model: HP Pavillion DV9565ea

Graphics Card/Chipset: nvidia Geforce 8400M GS

SkyHD box hooked up via scart -> composite connection on tuner

Sky Digital as Satellite Provider for EPG

HP (eHome) infra red receiver (the receiver doesnt change channels on the HD box YET (im working on it) but it does navigate the menus)

xbox 360 as media extender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

homer911 wrote: »
    (and all the MS localisation developers are based in Ireland...)

Microsoft hasn't done any localisation in Ireland since 2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

Thats not what the guy from Sandyford said yesterday - they do all the work on the product localisation, including Media Centre - he even talked about it for a few minutes and went on about the background update of the EPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

Looking more promising now - MCE downloading TV setup data - didnt happen for me last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

testicle wrote: »
    Microsoft hasn't done any localisation in Ireland since 2003.

wrong

• Advertisement

By localisation I meant the translation, not the features for different regions. I was there yesterday too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

looking at this myself. Are you using a tv tuner card, or is there a way to setup mediacentre to use some interent tv?

In the US, Netflix was pushed out to MC yesterday. Over this side, Sky Player will be pushed out to MC on the 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

testicle wrote: »
    In the US, Netflix was pushed out to MC yesterday. Over this side, Sky Player will be pushed out to MC on the 27th.

Thanks. So will that be under the extras section ? I had ms suppor dialed into my laptop for hours today, at the end he said I needed to do an inPlace upgrade o fix it, which I disagreed as was a clean install. Very disappointed with their support if they didn't know It was limited by region.

It'll be under TV.

TBH, it took me a long time to find out about the Netflix US thing. Hope you didn't have to pay for that support ticket...

TV Tuner cards should just work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement