Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I do this?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a wee problem id like some advice on. I just recently bought a laptop. i want to put CAD 2006 on it so that it can help with my college work/assignments however I was told by a pupil at the college that because i have Vista on my comp I cant do it, he said he got it done and had his comp wiped so that it could be put on it. Does tis sound right??

What would you advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you are correct in that 2006 doesn't have vista support (there way be away to force it through, but problems might arise and its risky imo).

Best solution is to up the autocad.
    Autocad and Autocad LT 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010 all support Vista (or at least some versions of vista). My advise, get a copy of 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hectorh

You can download autocad 2009 from the autodesk website for free if you register in the student community. You just need a college email and you can download all there software.

Advertisement