Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I stay or should I go?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

In my current job for 2yrs since I left college. It's in sales, and the base salary is 25k with approx potential to earn 5k-ish in bonuses a every 3 / 4 months (lowest being like 500, highest being 1/2k, and it gets taxed).

If we dont hit the targets our commission isnt paid. It's a commission based job because we're expected to work 9am to 9pm and do it for the bonuses, but lately, given the way things are, there are no bonuses.

To top all that off, it's a v.sh*tty environment to work in, for all the usual reasons. There is no real potential for development and no chance of a base salary increase.

So, I'm veering wildly between "I should be grateful I even have a job, even if it is ridiculous hours for v.little money and no prospects and really ****ty conditions" to "I am so much better than this and I deserve better and am wasting my time".

I am looking for a job but. Man, I dont even know what this thread is for. I'm just very angry, but so are a lot people... but. AGH! I honestly think being unemployed would be better.

Advertisement