Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Moderator

Options
  • 16-10-2009 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Im not sure if Im going the right way about this, but Id like to 'apply' if you will, to be a moderator of the Rant & Rave forum.
    Upon talking to keefg, a moderator of said forum, its become clear that the mods with personal life and work have become less productive in their duties.
    Its not as if the forum has ground to a halt and they have ceased to do their jobs, but it is obvious in certain instances that they could use a little help, some examples would be, when you post a thread, it must first be approved by a moderator before being open to the public, this can take some time.
    Also when.. posts are made that go against the forum charter, if I were to report the post, it can take a while before one of the mods gets to deleting it and taking the appropreiate action.
    In the time it takes for the mods to take notice of the bad post, other users can come alone, see the post and take offence/deal with the post in their own way and often incur infractions and bans that could have otherwise been prevented.

I feel Iv rambled on a little bit, please take me into consideration :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Sheeesh...you're a little impatient QOTSA90. You only sent me a PM about this at 00.30 this morning and then you start a Help Desk thread less than 4 hrs later :eek:.

At least give me time to have a bit of kip, read the PM and discuss it with the other R&R mods when they eventually ramble in from the strip clubs.

To the Help Desk Gods of Wisdom..... I am aware of this request and I have notified the other R&R mods.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

keefg wrote: »
    Sheeesh...you're a little impatient QOTSA90. You only sent me a PM about this at 00.30 this morning and then you start a Help Desk thread less than 4 hrs later :eek:.

He's dead right you know.
    Were you sleeping on the job again?
    Have you stopped taking the caffeine pills?

QOTSA90
    Despite what I said above, Mods are actually allowed to sleep during the night.

Advertisement