Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This has been my week

• 16-10-2009 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Discuss.

sad1_m.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What are we discussing here?

I do not like the colour cast & the eyes are not sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

There's still something interesting about the picture though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

This is pretty much what I've been having for the last 3 months....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

its how I feel most of the time at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Who was that photographer who used to make kids cry ? Offer them sweets, snatch them away and then take a bunch of shots while those emotive little tears started brimming up ? Down with smiling happy kiddy shots !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I've just been given a new crappy project. Yeah, that's about how I feel. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

you look very young to be posting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

you look very young to be posting here.

Kids these days !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

CabanSail wrote: »
    What are we discussing here?

I do not like the colour cast & the eyes are not sharp.

I like the colour cast and I like that the eyes are not sharp. if you were crying you wouldn't see things sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

It is not a good picture at all inho, as a previous poster said the eyes are not sharp, surely this is a pre requisite of any portrait, I dont think it is very flattering to the child either and the white balance seems to be off, the background while there is good DOF and it is OOF is still too cluttered

lol @ trishw saying "if you were crying you wouldn't see things sharp" hope you never take a portrait of a blind man ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Who was that photographer who used to make kids cry ? Offer them sweets, snatch them away and then take a bunch of shots while those emotive little tears started brimming up ? Down with smiling happy kiddy shots !

Jill Greenberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Fenster - Can you be clear about the purpose of your thread please when you post. The title, the image and the instruction to the forum are disconnected. If it's C&C then please put C&C in the title. This is standard forum protocol. If it's a question as to how best to deal with upset children when photographing them, then please ask that question a bit clearer. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm not a fan of crying pictures to be honest, I take it this is your own child? I do have these of my children, to bring out when I feel the need to embarrass them, but if it was for a work purpose than to be honest it wouldnt do anything for me.

I do recall there was a photographer that would take crying children pictures, but I think for those sort of shots there needs to be context or wonder, i.e. http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3685512-md.jpg here you feel the childs anguish, I feel maybe a homeless child, http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3884/faithkt4.jpg this to me shows a simulated cry, as mentioned maybe sweets snatched away, still quite a grogeous picture.

I think the picture you have posted is of course of a gorgeous baby but to me I feel like wet nappy, tired, hungry, without the obvious sitting room background a tight crop on the face may make the viewer interpret it differently, dont show the surroundings and your viewer will not be able to tell that this is your child at a cute moment, they may wonder, is this child subjected to extreme hunger / heat or many other circumstances. Put into the simulation of the second link here it would be a beautiful photograph, although executed to the minute detail it would strike people completely differently to the image you have posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

Oh lighten up, everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Toss the whingers onto the Halloween fire... Give the crying baby a 2nd chance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

potlatch wrote: »
    Oh lighten up, everyone.

????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DliveMike

Where's the world-famous mustard forum around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Fenster - Can you be clear about the purpose of your thread please when you post. The title, the image and the instruction to the forum are disconnected. If it's C&C then please put C&C in the title. This is standard forum protocol. If it's a question as to how best to deal with upset children when photographing them, then please ask that question a bit clearer. Thank you.

I would guess its more along the lines of Fenster trying to say hes has a pretty awful week.
    The fact that he has posted a picture of a crying baby, in a photography forum, could mean that he has had a pretty frustrating week in terms of photography.
    Maybe he has had those niggling little problems that all parents of young children have, figuring out how to spend time with their family, but still get their photography fix?

It doesnt seem all that disjointed when you look at it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Eirebear wrote: »
    I would guess its more along the lines of Fenster trying to say hes has a pretty awful week.
    The fact that he has posted a picture of a crying baby, in a photography forum, could mean that he has had a pretty frustrating week in terms of photography.
    Maybe he has had those niggling little problems that all parents of young children have, figuring out how to spend time with their family, but still get their photography fix?

It doesnt seem all that disjointed when you look at it that way.

That's exactly how I interpreted it. So I agree, not at all disjointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Eirebear wrote: »

+1

I hear ya. ;) Been there, done that, will do again. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I like it a lot :) Frustration all round!

Advertisement