Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 years, g'bye

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont be a stranger, I'm doing the SSF standup night again this year.

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Goodbye and good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Boards has lost a fine poster. Good luck Orestes

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'll miss stereos.
    I tip my hat to you sir. I hope your situation improves. Always fair and decent. Sorry to see such a prolific contributor depart. Thanks for everything dewd.
    My compass will never draw a perfect circle again. DeV's trousers are at half mast. White smoke is billowing from our laptops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

good luck dude. It must be killing you to read all this and not be able to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Personally I dont see what you are on about, I have been here longer and I havent seen that much of a change. Less searching *coughs* but apart from that its still the same old boards.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Personally I dont see what you are on about, I have been here longer and I havent seen that much of a change. Less searching *coughs* but apart from that its still the same old boards.

You're the only one who feels that way. This site is vastly different to the one that was here in 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

having no search isn't a change. It's actually things going back to normal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boston wrote: »
    You're the only one who feels that way. This site is vastly different to the one that was here in 2004.

You're next to go then, I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Shame to see you go orestes, but best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Who's orestes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You know what they say; the best way to get over one forum is to get under a new forum.

Nice post anyway and I understand where you're coming from. Best off downloading the site manager extension for Firefox and whitelisting Boards, will help you get over the withdrawal.

G'Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, sorry to see you go Orestes. :(

I'll miss dragging up your childhood scars.

4WXMfRJy6irtp5i2GbcGLxeKo1_500.jpg

stovelid wrote: »
    You're next to go then, I assume?

Nah. That said, only 5 infractions needed to site ban me for the next year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A great contributor to the various communities he was involved in and helped grow. A really decent, clever, funny guy too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Orestes, simply put, it's been good having you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aye, thanks for all the help and ideas dude. Don't be a stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to hear this, orestes. Top moderator of the pro wrestling and the stand-up comedy forum.

Was good fun doing the boards wrestling drafts with you on board and the Lance Storm thing will go down in draft legend for those that remember it. ;)

All the best, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Awww...shurrup and just sign the office Leaving-Card for the person you didn't know anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Good luck orestes, it was easy to see how highly regarded you were (and still are) around here.
    orestes wrote: »
    This site, and the people I have met through it, have improved my life. If it weren't for some of the people I have met through this site, who helped me through some seriously messed up times in the last 6 months, I would not be here today.

Pity you're going man, I would have loved the opportunity to interview you about this for my thesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Awww...shurrup and just sign the office Leaving-Card for the person you didn't know anyways.

You know very well that this is one of those April fools style Mod setups.

He will be back at halloween with his name changed to Zombie-orestes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You know very well that this is one of those April fools style Mod setups.

He will be back at halloween with his name changed to Zombie-orestes.

Nope.

Or if it is this mod doesn't know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sherifu wrote: »
    Bye.

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Smell ya later buddy PW wont be the same without you, but a mans gotta do and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Best of luck Orestes. You gave me access to one of the best forums here and I wish you the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Awhh carp! :(

Sad to see you go but I understand why. Hopefully I'll see you round and you better f'n come to the SSF comedy night! It wouldn't have started without you. :)

Good luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Orestes Who?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

big b wrote: »
    Always a bummer to lose someone who tried to give as much as take.
    Given that it's Feedback, I've done my best to refrain from drawing attention to that comment, but I know that Otestes would be disappointed in me if I let it slide! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement