Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Bord gais to Flogas ;

• 16-10-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Moving from Bord gais to Flogas ;

I recently moved from ESB to BG for my electricity needs, So currently with BG for gas and BG for elec

Flogas are apparently cheaper then BG for gas supply.

If I move to Flogas, will this affect my pricing/contract etc for electriciy with BG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Just the 2% discount that you get on ESB for being a gas customer. I dont know how their administration workds, but it may be possible to switch to Flogas and they might not cop that you are no longer a gas customer, keeping your 2% discount. This is what I intend to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

[Rant] I moved in July and as I was on holiday at the end of the lease the letting agent rang in the final reading to Bord Gais Electricity, but they told him that I would have to ring to confirm when I returned from holiday, this I did and was told that all was grand. Two weeks later I get a bill with a much higher estimated reading. Rang again again, "Oh yeh I see the problem! It will be sorted" A month later I get a final bill with an even higher estimated reading! Another long phone call and I am still waiting to get a credit of about €150 from them! [\Rant over]

Moral of the story, I have no confidence in Bord Gais Electricity's billing department.

As for the poster above reckoning they won't cop that you are no longer a Gas customer don't hold your breath. Despite being told when I was signing up that they were two totally seperate entities and they needed all my bank details again, when I was querying electricity meter readings they were calling out Gas meter readings back to me! :rolleyes:

All this and my personal details were also robbed on one of their unencrypted laptops.

Totally useless shower would advise no one to "make the big switch".

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement