Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with wireless speakers

• 16-10-2009 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i bought this cinema system a while ago http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/home-theater-systems/cineos-hts9810_59/prd/sa/

Now i had no problems with it until i bought new sofa for my room see i have tv 2 front speakers and subwoofer one end room and sofa and 2 surround wireless speakers at other end room.

Now i have being reading threw manual it says that if wireless adapter built in one the surround speakers aint given a direct view of subwoofer or there is something in between the speakers it can cause interference.

So every couple minutes i am gettin this jumping inbetween sound and noise on the back speakers cause of this. I cant move them very much cause size room and same goes for the sofa.

Is there anyway i can sort this problem as i payed fair amount for this system and its bothering me.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

It sounds like the answer is in your own post - Why don't you move the rear speaker with the wireless adapter so that it can "see" the subwoofer like it was before you got the sofa ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Where am i meant to put it though? If i move it round room it will look stupid and be out of place plus one speaker will be on top u when your sittin down ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I don't have a straight forward answer for you - there isn't a technical problem with the speakers, you just need to find a way to locate them so that your sofa isn't interfering with them. If you don't already have them mounted on the rear wall of the room, I'd suggest that you do so, well up high on the wall so that the furniture doesn't interfere. given that they're wireless this shouldn't be difficult and you can hold the spekers in place temporarily to make sure they're getting a clear signal. Othe wise think about relacing them with a regular wired speaker sysem.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Mounting the speakers i dunno if this would be possible seeing as there built into a big kinda flat stand. I really dont wanna mess around to much with how speakers work cause the system wasnt cheap and i love the whole thing apart from this small yet annoying problem.

Guess ill just have to play around with the room. Ta for the replys anyways.

Advertisement