Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cognitive Science UCD

Options
  • 16-10-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone is studing this at the moment or have studied it?
    Specifically the masters? Although there is an undergrad module so any info on that would be appreciated too!

Just wondering what its like? Sounds like a really interesting course but I'm not sure what you can do when you finish? Besides further study/research.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:)

The CogSci undergrad module is class. I did it as an elective and found it really interesting. Lots of fascinating subjects covered, and Fred is a very enthusiastic and friendly lecturer. It really piqued my interested in the subject and has me considering doing the masters in the future. However as you mentioned, I don't think it leads to much career-wise... maybe something in artificial intelligence? Dunno.

Anyways you can look at the course notes here
    http://cogsci.ucd.ie/introtocogsci/index.php

Brilliant class, can't recommend it enough if you're interested in the mind, psychology, neuroscience, etc. It really brings it all together.

Advertisement