Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Picture Messages overseas...

• 16-10-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it possible (yet!) to send picture messages to the UK (or anywhere else?)

I'm from the UK, living in Ireland and I have often tried in the past to send picture messages, but was told its not possible to send them to the UK (even if its vodafone to vodafone).

I've not tried it in a while, but am still assuming its not possible?

I'm COMPLETELY BAFFLED by this very simple lack of service offered by mobile operators? Why can we not send MMS messages overseas? its just retarded!

Also, sure, while I'm here, I might as well have a little rant about video messaging? Whats the story with that (not even overseas) Nearly all new half decent phones have front facing video chat camera's on them, and the operators sell them on their websites, in their stores, yet you can't use the service? How far behind in these simple, expected technologies are the HUGE multi-million euro companies? How can they not have the infrastructure in place for these simple communication technologies... since, afterall, we have iphones/blackberries etc that do WiFi, GPS, Email, etc...

Any ideas why, please enlighten me!

Thanks,
    DG.

Advertisement