Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blakestown road

Options
  • 16-10-2009 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

I havent been up this way in the last week but while driving on the blakestown road last week from before lidl to the shopping centre roundabout I noticed construction diggers along the road,anyone know what they are doing?? are they replacing the footpath? and another thing,whats with the flimsy wooden fences around the trees up along that road?? they dont look very strong and seem like they will end up being vandalised or being the site of bonfires during halloween

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

not sure about the construction saw it a few weeks ago an assumed it was to widen the footpath also. i had to laugh at the wooden bits around the trees though :confused:the council have just given the local kids free fuel for their bonfires:D:D it also looks ridiculous:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I thought the wood looked really nice!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think they are widening the road for bus lanes.
    The wooden guards aruound the trees are to stop them from getting damaged by the machinery. Why it wasn't done over the summer when the kids were off school I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

When Blakestown Way is finished I believe Huntstown Way will be next.
    I was looking at the map of these works in the library a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frandman

Imo the council are spending the rest of their yearly budget so i doesnt get cut next year, They dig this road up every year just before xmas. them peices of wood are put in to waste money , Anyone hav any other reason why they are their? Id love to hear it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Thats some bump of a thread :)

The answer for the wood has already been given . I doubt very much that they dig up a road just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think they are removing the roundabout and putting in a signal controled junction.

Advertisement