Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas is coming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Friend of mine got Czech Air Force's MiG-21 as a birthday present a few years ago.
    Price of scrap, minus engine and some electronics. He then bought pylons and some gutted rockets and wing tanks... looking impressive as a gate guard in front of his business premises.

Somebody has Bucaneer parked at Weston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MKMaguire

Not quite connected! However, as a family, and to avoid the hassle of Christmas Day dinner etc., we've decided to celebrate with Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve! As they do throughout rest of Europe.

Over the past when we sought hotels open on Christmas Day for dinner, the average cost p.p. was over €150 !! Whereas on Christmas Eve was standard prices ... in a way this will make 2 days of celebration with family et friends ... so on the Day there will be no hassle!

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

FiSe wrote: »
    Friend of mine got Czech Air Force's MiG-21 as a birthday present a few years ago.

When I read that I was picturing Milhouse out of the simpsons sitting in a parked up mig jamming on all the buttons in the cock pit pretending to be in a dog fight 'take that ar-ar-ar-ar' then hitting the still working eject button. . ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

MKMaguire wrote: »
    Not quite connected! However, as a family, and to avoid the hassle of Christmas Day dinner etc., we've decided to celebrate with Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve! As they do throughout rest of Europe.

Over the past when we sought hotels open on Christmas Day for dinner, the average cost p.p. was over €150 !! Whereas on Christmas Eve was standard prices ... in a way this will make 2 days of celebration with family et friends ... so on the Day there will be no hassle!

Any other ideas?

You are absolutely right. In Germany we always had our main day in Christmas Eve with presents etc. Now with my wife's Irish family we start celebrations on Christmas Eve with a lovely dinner, still have the main meal and presents on the 25th but have nice relaxed drinks on the 26th and 27th and so on. Lovely stuff. We kick of the season with St. Nikolaus Day on December 6th though. And if you want to get into the party mood even earlier start of with a nice roast goose feast on the 11th of November (St. Martin's Day).

I'm hungry now. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i wonder how much the post and packaging would be on that....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I wonder would Santa be able to bring one of those in his sack???,to hell with it I'll stick it on the list and keep my fingers crossed,lol.:D

Advertisement