Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink concert in Limerick

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Could be good!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/US-star-Pink-set-to.5740639.jp

By Alan Owens
    EXCLUSIVE
    THE Limerick Leader can reveal that American superstar singer Pink is to play in Thomond Park in June of next year.
    The American singer will bring her theatrical 'Funhouse Summer Carnival' show to Limerick's Thomond Park on Saturday, June 20, 2010.

The news was due to be revealed by the singer herself at her sold-out show in the O2 in Dublin this Thursday night.

Meanwhile, an Aiken Promotions spokesperson denied that there were other acts already booked for next summer, it is understood that up to four dates have been provisionally booked in the stadium which played host to Elton John and Rod Stewart this year.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale from Ticketmaster outlets and
    Empire Music on O'Connell Street next Friday, October 23, at 9am.

General admission tickets will be priced at €58.30, while seated tickets will be €63.20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If true, then it is a big step in the right direction. Would love to see big acts become the norm in Limerick, the same way they are in Dublin, Killarney, and Cork, rather than just a few times a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i think theyre brillient prices also considering pink is playing! i know people who payed more to watch an irish international friendly there so very good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Pink-Panther.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Pink is such a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I saw her in Dublin on Wednesday and I'll be at Thomond park next summer. She's awesome!

• Advertisement

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I saw her in Dublin on Wednesday and I'll be at Thomond park next summer. She's awesome!

Ive seen her in april she puts on a brill show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

carly_86 wrote: »
    Pink is such a legend

Not quite legend status yet

jackncoke wrote: »
    Not quite legend status yet

ya but u no wat i mean like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dibs. I called her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Cool! If I'm around, I'll try to get a ticket. Wouldn't be a big fan of hers, but I wanna support concerts in Thomond Park!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hopefully I'll get a job in the stadium that night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I can't believe I am the first to ask this but who the FÚCK is Pink when she is at home?

I can't believe I am the first to ask this but who the FÚCK is Pink when she is at home?

Come on,no need to be trying to be cool,she's pretty well known.

pink_main_narrowweb__300x418,0.jpg

I WOULD

If she changed the oil and gave me car a good cleaning, I might consider giving her a dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Good to see concerts but jesus how many times has she played in the last 3 years in ireland,there was loads of free tickets when she played in kilarney.Whats killing this gig is she is doing dublin the night before,they need to get acts to do limerick 1st then dublin.The pink concert goers wouldnt be huge spenders thats why you need older acts im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Good to see concerts but jesus how many times has she played in the last 3 years in ireland,there was loads of free tickets when she played in kilarney.Whats killing this gig is she is doing dublin the night before,they need to get acts to do limerick 1st then dublin.The pink concert goers wouldnt be huge spenders thats why you need older acts im afraid

Good god cheer up :confused:this is great news for Limerick. We wanted younger acts and Pink is that. Personally not a huge fan but will go anyway and think a lot of limerick people might do the same

Who needs huge spenders the concert will attract a different crowd to the city will fill hotels pub and restauaunts

All im saying is ireland has had some acts too often and now with recession.they should make the gigs exclusive to thomond.Id understand giving positive support but would you spend 60 euro to go to a gig your not a huge fan of ??All the young crowd will be drinking bags of cans lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

All im saying is ireland has had some acts too often and now with recession.they should make the gigs exclusive to thomond.Id understand giving positive support but would you spend 60 euro to go to a gig your not a huge fan of ??All the young crowd will be drinking bags of cans lol

Posh head with your bag of cans (22c for a bag or is it 44)it will be flagons of linden:P

Exclusive gig venues need to make a rep first though and TP is only a baby

i cant afford cans never mind a concert lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Pink would sell out several nights in Dublin, Limerick, Killarney or wherever.

She has a massive fan base in Ireland and is one of the only acts to have played 7 dates in Ireland this year.

If you can't afford to go then don't go. Somebody who wants to be there will get your ticket.

• Advertisement

i cant afford cans never mind a concert lol

feckin students :rolleyes:

I think I am having my annual bath that day........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

I cant wait to go , there is a group of ten of us going,
    big pink fan and its good to support the concerts in Thomond Park too :D

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Pink would sell out several nights in Dublin, Limerick, Killarney or wherever.

She has a massive fan base in Ireland and is one of the only acts to have played 7 dates in Ireland this year.

If you can't afford to go then don't go. Somebody who wants to be there will get your ticket.

Huge fanbase yes but people paying cold hard cash is a different thing up to a year or so a go everything seemed to sell out.There was tons of free tickets going through differnet outlets for the kilarney concert.Did she play again in ireland this week??

If britney spears coudlnt sell out 2 nights of the o2 its a sign that gig going amoung the pop acts is down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Personally can't stand her, she makes me nauseous :D Still good to see the acts coming to Thomond, its about time Limerick got a venue to attract some half decent concerts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone know who is supporting?

Advertisement