Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Delgany (not Eden Gate)?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi,
    Search option is temporarily down so I'm not sure is there a thread regarding this. Sorry if there is ;)

Anyway just wondering what are the broadband options in Delgany (one of the cottages on Delgany/Church Road). I checked with Eircom and Smart Telecom but it takes ages. NTL dont do Delgany. Also a guy in Eircom told me the phone line is not active so they need to send down some technicians.

I need it quite quickly because of my job.Would anyone recommend some other options? I don't need a phone service with it, only broadband. I tried to Google it but it wasnt really useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Have you tried BT? They will still need to be an eircom line there and BT will advise if it is able to take their service.

Other than that you could maybe go the O2/3/vodafone wireless options route but they tend to be slow enough based on mobile coverage where you are and are dearer.

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on Eircom techies if you are in a hurry , Eircom dont do urgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

maybe these guys?

http://www.wicklowbroadband.com/coverage.jsp

(disclaimer - I have no experience of them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 molly16

NTL will be servicing delgany in about 6wks time the are pulling a fibre cable from charlesland so itll be a great service if you can wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Delganyman

When it comes to NTL, the words 'great service' don't mean a thing.

Advertisement