Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mattress Is Broke

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

basically i rent a house and my mattress seems to have broken on my double bed and before you lot jump the gun i wasnt jumping on it or anything lol. one side is like sleeping in a hole the other is like sleeping on a small hill, its doing wonders for my back.:rolleyes:

would i be responsible for replacing the mattress or should i ring the letting agency and ask for a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 marmalade3

I'm a landlady and if anything needs to be replaced in my apartment, the tenant usually rings me directly. And because I trust her, she usually goes off and buys whatever is necessary and deducts the cost off the rent and gives me the receipts. I do give her a budget however!

However, if you are dealing with a letting agency, I would contact them first to let them know that the mattress needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's probably the frame of the bed that's broken rather than the mattress.

Unless you brought the bed with you, the landlord is responsible for having it repaired/replaced. Contact your letting agent or landlord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

Ring the agency. It's their job to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

it seems it is the frame and not the matress, just rang the letting agency there and they are ringing the owner of the house and getting back to me. :D

Advertisement