Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q: What do you want from Your Controller?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

im a 6th year doing a project for a class of mine called DCG where by i have to design a new game hand held game controller.

the question that ive been given is

there have been many changes to handheld electronic game controllers over the last thirty years. these developments consist of changes to shape and form as well the addition of new features. such features include cordless technology, integral speakers, inbuilt screen and console, etc.

[A] Carry out a design investigation of the physical form and features of handled game controllers to include their development since the ladt 1970's

and

show graphically the modifications which you would make to an existing handheld game controller to improve its overall design

or

develop and graphically communicate a new concept design for a handheld game controller

So basicaly ive got a few ideas of my own but im not really a console gamer anymore sence ive gone Pc.

im only looking at the design of the thing so it doesnt matter if it has this chip set in it over something else.

any kind of ideas or just critism of other controllers just to get an idea of what people would want

please reply with comments

thanks

# Fib

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for so I'm just going to throw this out there.

I only play the Xbox so I can only really talk about that controller but there are two changes I'd like to see made.

I get pretty sweaty palms when playing which messes with my grip so maybe if something could be done about that, like a special grip instead of just plastic.

The D-Pad is very poor. If I need to do something quickly, like change weapons in gears of war, then it can get pretty hectic and difficult to control. Something like this would be a lot better.

They're the two main things I can think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

its hard to use the d pad on the xbox soemtimes

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

maybe buttons undreneath the controller like so you could press the buttons with your middle/4th finger directly beneath the d pad/ butons

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

An inbuilt mic that can pick up speech from more than one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

An inbuilt mic that can pick up speech from more than one person.
    Just pick yourself up one of these and a mic... theyre pretty handy
    Adapter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 09828

id give ya a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

Why is this not about Halo :D

Advertisement