Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q: What do you want from your Controller?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

k8bcly wrote: »
    i have never been more confused in my life!!!
    im doing this project too and sorry for sounding like a retard but wat is a d-pad??:confused:
    i very rarely play games and when i do im realy bad at them!!!
    im screwed in this project!!!:(

dpad.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-pad

It's the cross shaped bit on a games controller. Usually operated by the left thumb and controls the movement of on screen characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

i have never been more confused in my life!!!
    im doing this project too and sorry for sounding like a retard but wat is a d-pad??:confused:
    i very rarely play games and when i do im realy bad at them!!!
    im screwed in this project!!!:(

lol the Dpad is the circle part of a 360 controller on the left side below the analog stick.

It can be pressed in 4 directions and diagonally.

Here's a pic with an arrow pointing at it:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/360%20d%20pad/AgentBBJ/microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-control.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭k8bcly

tanxx
    at least that makes sense :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

tanxx
    at least that makes sense :D:D

lol yeah most things do in gaming to be fair. They rarely name thing the obfusucation device :P

Just ask if you have any other questions. I'm subbed to this thread (like all threads I post on) so I'll get email updates and others will be sure to answer too in the unlikely event that I don't know something or it looks like I encrypted my post :pac:

Oh and does this include handheld console controls? Reread the original post and can't see if it is just home console controllers or whether the DS and PSP are included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

picture3ia.png

Smooch that's a horrible thing, the analog sticks on the PS controllers have always been an after thought and are in a very awkward position for my hands.

I also find them too free moving and sloppy, if ya get me.

Would love 2 Game Cube sticks in the 360 controller position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Vegeta wrote: »
    Smooch that's a horrible thing, the analog sticks on the PS controllers have always been an after thought and are in a very awkward position for my hands.

I also find them too free moving and sloppy, if ya get me.

Would love 2 Game Cube sticks in the 360 controller position

Hey, I thought it was pretty cool!

I hear ya on the Gamecube sticks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The 360 controller is great and a big improvement on the first Xbox controller. I would say the best controllers outside this generation were the Gamecube and The Dreamcast. Both of them fit like a glove. The GC even to this day, if I hold it it's just damn comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

totally GC,or n64's controller :D the first time i have this in mind:

'this pad is built for me hands!!!'

pure awesomeness Nintendo.

p/s:btw,DS's pad s*cks :(buttons too small!!

• Advertisement

smooch71 wrote: »
    Hey, I thought it was pretty cool!

I hear ya on the Gamecube sticks though.

Don't get me wrong I prefer the face buttons on the PS controllers and the d-pad. I just don't like the orientation of the sticks and how they feel.
    Shryke wrote: »
    The 360 controller is great and a big improvement on the first Xbox controller. I would say the best controllers outside this generation were the Gamecube and The Dreamcast. Both of them fit like a glove. The GC even to this day, if I hold it it's just damn comfortable.

Yeah the Gamecube controller has my favourite stick and is my favourite to hold. Dreamcast was good too (the 360 controller looks like a direct descendant) but the d-pad blistered the bejaysus out of my thumb. The left hand edge is quite raised from the curved surface of the controller and in something frantic like a fighting game it can be rough.

I am with seraphimvc 100% on the DS. Very innovative but have you tried playing one of them without the luxury of being able to leave the DS itself down on something. As I am right handed I use the stylus in my right hand and hold the DS in my left.
    There's actually not that much room to grip it because the touchpad screen takes up a lot of the space. I generally get a tiredness/pain/cramp in my left hand if I cant leave the DS on my lap or the table.
    Maybe its better for small handed Japanese folk and kids but I would work on making it more ergonomic for this project

Advertisement