Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Routes

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

anyone have any interesting running routes around greystones? Preferably night time running routes..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Lots of user uploaded runs available on the Nike+ site.
    Zoom into the Greystones area there and you'll see a few...
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_EMEA/plus/#//map_it/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Make your own:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

I use this a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Sorry to be dragging up an old thread but I've been looking at the sites above and one of them has a route I'm curious about.

It looks like the person who ran that route originally ran between Greystones & Kilcoole along the coast along what Google Maps calls Sea Rd. Where is this mystical Sea Rd? Is there a way to run between Greystones and Kilcoole along the coast that's not along the beach (even the beach looks tough because of rocks)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Sea road is the road that turns left at the small roundabout at the bottom of Kilcoole village, it takes you down to the sea. Travelling south turn left just before Doyles public house and off licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Google maps is wrong - they seem to think there's a "sea road" along the shore between Greystones and Kilcoole. You can run alongside the railway line, but you'd be running along the top of the sea defenses, there's no actual road.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Google maps is wrong - they seem to think there's a "sea road" along the shore between Greystones and Kilcoole. You can run alongside the railway line, but you'd be running along the top of the sea defenses, there's no actual road.

That's what I was thinking. So the only way to run between Greystones and Kilcoole (on a path/road) would be to go up to the big roundabout and take the first exit (R761)? Or is there another way? Excluding the N11 that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 yellatdave

You'll find 172+ running routes around Greystones on MapMyRun.com. Can also record your workout performances. Great site!

yellatdave wrote: »
    You'll find 172+ running routes around Greystones on MapMyRun.com. Can also record your workout performances. Great site!

Thanks for that. The routes shown there are the same as the MapMyFitness ones above (including the one I linked) so I'm assuming it's the same company (MapMy*). I tend to use Google MyTracks for recording my routes as MapMyRun wasn't available on the Android when I started running and have found it really good. Also, you can upload them to a spreadsheet to track your progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Iv run from Greystones to Kilcoole on the road and then back along the sea front. I was beside the rail tracks its not ideal but I like it on a rainy night :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement