Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating facebook by text in Ireland.

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why we cannot do this in Ireland?. We can update twitter by text why not facebook, is it up to them to do a deal with the operators here or?. U can do in the UK aswell as loads of other countries.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Anyone know why we cannot do this in Ireland?. We can update twitter by text why not facebook, is it up to them to do a deal with the operators here or?. U can do in the UK aswell as loads of other countries.
    I find it a lot better to use http://m.facebook.com - max of 99c a day with most PAYG providers so use Facebook to your hearts consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can update facebook on o2 using MMS at 25cent: more info

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You can do it.

Set up a twitter account and get the appropriate facebook app to update your status from your twitter feed.

Then use agtweet.com to update your twitter feed via text.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jonathan wrote: »
    You can do it.

Set up a twitter account and get the appropriate facebook app to update your status from your twitter feed.

Then use agtweet.com to update your twitter feed via text.

I get the twitter bit, i have used agtweet before but how does that update your facebook page? Is it an application you accept on the facebook site to link to your twitter account?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Advertisement
Advertisement