Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Nokia 6500 on 3G network

• 16-10-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    We have a Nokia 6500 phone which is locked to 3G network, Is there anyway we can unlock this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

To unlock a phone on the 3 network, if its pay as you go, you need to spend €130 credit on the account excluding the free credit they give you, then give them €27 for an admin charge to get the code. They will give you a code to enter into the phone, and it will be unlocked.

For billpay its a €25 admin charge to get the code, or free if you renew the contract.

To get the code just ring them from the handset.

and for your own info, 3G is a type of service, the network is just called '3' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

phone expo tallaght unlocked mine yestrday for 25 euro(debranded as well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Giving 3 25 euro to unlock a phone that is out of contract is a load of c**p. They tried this with me ,had been with them 5 years or so, told them I would leave if they did not give me the codes, they called me on it so I am now with meteor. I would rather give the 25 euro to some lad in the street who unlocks phones than give them the money.

Advertisement