Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sammy n110 - Upgrade & warrenty issue?

• 16-10-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I got this lovely n110 lappy as a pressie with Currys 3 yr warranty.
    Now id like to bang in a 300gig hdd and 2 gigs of ram, which i have lying about.

Now i phoned Currys and they said 'it may not affect your warranty, but if you damage the laptop while doing the work, then it definitely will'

They said they'd install it, but being a poor student i dont think i can afford their rates! Plus i worked for 10 years Elec eng so hopefully i can manage it myself... :)

My question is really - Can i take a n110 apart without Currys knowing?
    If it does break in 2 years time from say a glass of milk, then will currys turn around and not honour the warranty since i've fiddled with it myself?

Is there a secret seal under the lid that would void the warrranty?
    Or do i just have to be careful?

Thanks for your help guys!
    Sorry for all the q's.... :)
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ram would take about two minutes to install and I couldn't see a problem with it however the HDD is a different story, You will mark the PC in the process that would make it noticeable if it was sent back under a warranty issue. I would just purchase an external 2 1/2" caddy and put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 14liam

Bought a washing machine from Currys 3 years ago and bought the 5 years warranty for piece of mind... the washing machine HOOVER is a disaster and I have had the repairman out at least 4 times... each time it costs me money!! the actual repair was covered however the machine has broken down again. I have wasted so much time and effort on this crappy warranty that I could have bought a new washing machine. I have spend hours on the phones for each of the breakdowns giving my details again and again.. they are soooo annoying.

Advertisement