Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'll Buy You a Coffee!

• 16-10-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Well folks I'm in Poland and have my Fed 5 in my hands but I'm having no joy with it. I read the manual a fellow poster sent me via PM and I've looked at various websites but I'm having no luck getting the beast to take a photo.

Would someone be able to spare 5 to 10 minutes of their time next week and give me a quick walk through. It's my first film camera so I'm really unfamilar with the mechanics and I can't tell whether it's fecked or something I'm not doing right. There'll be coffee, a bun or two and alot of thanks in it for you.

I'm in Dublin city centre if anyone can spare the time.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'll be back in Dublin from early next week and I'm around the city centre too. I'd have a look over it with you.

The Bald Barista on Aungier St.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

humberklog wrote: »
    I'll be back in Dublin from early next week and I'm around the city centre too. I'd have a look over it with you.

Thanks humberklog, that's much appreciated. I know the place, they serve a fine coffee. I'll PM you in a moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

No worries, we can compare our FEDs and have TEA ;)
    I can see a "film meet" in Dublin soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

ThOnda wrote: »

ohh, film meet? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oooh a film meet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Tallon wrote: »
    ohh, film meet? :D
    Silverfish wrote: »
    Oooh a film meet?

oh snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Nerds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can the Spoonerists come with their Milm Feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

you spoonerists sake me mick

Wednesday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Inspired by this thread you film nerds dinosaurs enthusiasts may be interested in this meet up. Film only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

it's moved, the bald barista is now called milk and honey and the actual bald barista is now up the road in a hotel/hostel place

DotOrg wrote: »
    it's moved, the bald barista is now called milk and honey and the actual bald barista is now up the road in a hotel/hostel place

That's the one I'm talking about. Avalon House on Augier St., it was his original one too but wasn't open to the general public but is now. He's also opened up a take out place on Harcourt Rd.

Wednesday evening?

Wednesday evening is grand for me, what time suits yourself?

Why the hell not. I only met you once and it was quite unforgettable (down a dark Dublin alley late at night!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Oo er missus...

HK, I'll have to grab that Canonet off you at some stage. Can't make Wed though. Pity - we could all have sat around deciding who has the biggest rangefinder.

sineadw wrote: »
    Oo er missus...

HK, I'll have to grab that Canonet off you at some stage. Can't make Wed though. Pity - we could all have sat around deciding who has the biggest rangefinder.

If you're at the Camera Club on Tues. evening I could drop it in then to you?

Well I met the mighty humberklog today and I'm most grateful for the advice imparted. I hadn't a clue what I was doing with the Fed and he set me straight. Lovely guy, full of enthusiasm for film. Many thanks sir.

Advertisement