Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Calibur

• 16-10-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has played the above game? I've never played any version of Soul Calibur but I'm told its worth a try.

The latest version of the game is on Play.com for €19.49 but I'd prefer to go for the best version of the game which, as everyone knows, is not always the latest version of the game.

Any info at all would be mighty, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Opinion is kind of divided, but it's safe to say that either Soul Calibur or Soul Calibur II are the best versions.

III was a mess and although I've not played it, IV is supposed to be back on the right track, but still not as good as the first two.

Do you have anyone to play these against if you do get older versions? Would get very boring in single player after a while.

At least IV has online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

For my money, SC II is by far the best of the series.

III and IV went off the rails, as far as the single player experience goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

SC 1&2 were the best? Terry your broken, just as much as SC1 was with every character having a 100% aerial reset lol.

SC2 was by far the best due to it's balance & replayability.

Thus said, i hate SC. xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Virtua Fighter > Soul Cali.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Kiki thats only true wherein your willing to put in near professional level dedication and learning VF.

Soul Caliber 2 was defo the best of the series but I would say that IV does good job of recreating 2 and being a darn good game. It's good fun to play and is great with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Calibur > all

Get the latest edition of the game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Calibur > all

Get the latest edition of the game.

Eh.... no.

How about we talk about the OP's point though, eh guys? Which SC would you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd get 4 just based on the online capabilities since I find multiplayer by far the most important factor when it comes to fighting games - if you find that you get into the game in general then maybe backtrack and check out SC2 (not a big SC man or anything, just using common sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Hey all, thanks for the input - I think I'll get 2.

I'm not a fighting games playa to be honest, I've only really played SSF2 and Tekken 3 properly ( Paul is a legend in that btw :D ).

2 is only six quid from play, whereas 4 is €20 - if it turns out that I don't like the game, then €6 isn't much to complain about ( also, I can always just get 4 if it turns out 2 is to my liking ).

As well, 2 seems to be the best version of the game from what you lads have said.

Thanks for all the info - its now ordered!

Eh.... no.

Eh... yeh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey Da_Bounca, did you end up going to SVB?

No dude I didn't in the end, I had a little holiday in London before hand but didn't end up staying on for svb. I saw that Hugo came in 5th overall though which I was glad to see.

Advertisement