Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLan or Lan through Electronic Plug

Options
  • 16-10-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi

i am trying setting up Xbox360, Blu-Live and Wii network all in Sitting room... i rather have cable than Wireless...

so far i rather use cable on 360 than wifi adapter and Wii as well...

so i am thinking get dLAN or LAN cable through Electronic plug..i don't know what it called(sorry for ignorant Question ..even I'm software Developer)

i was think if i get dLAN plug would able it connect on cheap Network Hub connect all 3 or 4 Stuff on sitting room

here is diagram sample

Dlan%20Layout.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Yep - that should work just fine.

Only two things Id look at is to try to give the dLan plugs a dedicated socket where possible and to make sure there is a bit of airflow around the units as they can get a bit hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I got these which work without issue. Plug in and go.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055646668

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have the Netgear 200mbps powerline adapters and use it for the Xbox and never had a problem.

Recently the wireless adapter for the PC has been acting up so was thinking of getting a network switch to have a similar setup as in your diagram. Have seen this Netgear one and presume I wont have any problems using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I use the 200mbps dlan jobbies and they work great, in the OP's scenario he could no doubt use the older 85mbps ones because his broadband will be a fraction of that.

I would say from a security perspective to get a cable router instead of a hub or switch as it has built in firewall etc.

Advertisement