Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend can't post

Options
  • 16-10-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my friend irishbird is trying to post, but keeps getting this error everytime she tries to post, can anyone shed any light?

boardsbroke.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That looks like something that happens when you hit new reply and then walk off for a while and try to post when you come back. Has she tried logging out and logging in again afresh? I can't see anything popping out at me in her profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Someone PMd me to say that they get it sometimes when posting in a poll, but they give it a minute or two and it's cool again.

If it happens a lot, get her to post it in the Development forum for a look, or I'll move this over there if ye like? I'm presuming she can post now right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

She's just gone to bed, but I'll point her over here in the morning.

I do know it was happening while she was in work, and never here at home, but she hasn't been on about it this week, so probably all's ok there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I've heard of this issue before and it was related to style settings! If it crops up again we can see if Ross or Conor can shed some light on the issue

Just to bump this.

It's happening again.

• Advertisement

Hello all

This has again been happening to irishbird since Friday.

I posted in this thread a week or so ago, and the post wasn't approved.

The same issue is happening again today, 17th Feb 2010.

Am I posting in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Des wrote: »
    Am I posting in the wrong place?
    Not at all, Des - it's just a reply to a thread where the previous reply was so long ago means that it remains quite a few pages back so it probably doesn't get seen at all so the reply may not be seen to be approved. Sorry about that.

Two suggestions from me. A hard reset of the cache (pressing ctrl and F5) has been known to have some success with this problem so I'd try that first.

It's usually a style settings issue so unless Conor or Ross have a better suggestion, I'd try changing the style your friend is using. You can do that using the menu at the bottom left of the screen (it's a drop-down) or the menu at the top of the screen (boards.ie -> change styles). Jelsoft (the makers of vbulletin) were supposed to have sorted this issue but it may still occur for reasons mostly known to them at this point. If that sorts the problem, try changing the style back and see if it reoccurs (at that point it shouldn't).

Advertisement