Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's all doom and gloom :(

• 16-10-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not going to post all the obvious questions here but I want to do the course in Hibernia (but I have to go back and do some LC subjects first).

By the time I do them, probably won't be able to do it this year as it's too late now, and if I get into Hibernia, it'll prob be 2013...

I've talked to some teachers currently employed, and they've all been very confident and encouraging me to go for it, but most people (including here) seem to have the vibe of 'don't do it!! - you'll never get a job!!'

Thing is, I have quite a nice job at the moment, am doing well for myself but I would have to give it up to do my TP (I wouldn't dare ask for the 14 weeks as I know it wouldn't happen and tbh, I wouldn't blame them as why would they if I'm going to resign if I get a job elsewhere!). Also, I wouldn't move country before you suggest...

It all seems so depressing, go for the job of your dreams and end up unemployed for years or, don't do it, regret it and continue not to know what to do with your future...

Everyday it gets me down and I don't know what to do, I've left doing the LC subjects on the long finger because of it... Arghh! Why the hell did I not get this realisation before doing my first degree!! *pulls hair out*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

A friend of mine repeated Irish and got the C. He's now in his secong year in Mary I and happy out. He has a wife and three kids and is managing fine , he too gave up a good job.
    If you really want it go for it don't let others dissuade you. We only get one life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I wouldnt be quitting a good job for teaching nowadays unless the pay is a lot less.If its much MORE forget about it .You could always help out with a Homework Club or something ...

Advertisement